Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Artistic Economists or Economic Artists

I recently had an interesting conversation with a couple of high school teachers regarding the minimum wage. Both indicated some concern among their students regarding the minimum wage hike. One even indicated that the students were already being told by employers that positions or hours could be cut. Given that these might be "scare tactics," it nevertheless got me thinking along these lines.

Then yesterday, Russ Roberts announces an animation contest over at Cafe Hayek. There doesn't appear to be any age/grade restriction on his offer, and I would think those most impacted by this proposal may be in the best position to act on it. Add to this, I know there are some amazing computer artists out there. You can check here for the latest updates and caveats. Let me know if any of your students find this interesting.

Posted by TSchilling at 11:03 AM Comments (0)

No comments: