Monday, April 9, 2007

Milton Friedman and Personal Milestone

The newest issue of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond's Economic Quarterly just landed in my mailbox. At the top of the issue is an interesting article about The Contributions of Milton Friedman to Economics. For those of you interested in the development of economics as a profession, and particularly the move away from strict Keynesian interpretation, I would recommend the article. It is a succinct and interesting discussion of Friedman's work and how it helped change macroeconomic thinking. There is so much more to this fascinating life. (See numerous earlier entries.)

Another readable (and shorter) piece on Milton Friedman can be found in the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's December, 2006 issue of Economic Commentary. Good starting points if you wish to understand the last 30 years of economics.

Finally, this is my 100th entry (according to the blog statistics). It has taken a while, but I hope regular readers (if there are any) have found this to be a worthwhile stop. It is particularly appropriate as Milton Friedman's work played a special role in my development as an economics educator. So we move forward from here. Just a gentle reminder, you can subscribe to this blog by sending an me an e-mail. (My address is at the top of the page.) That way you receive notification whenever I post.

As always, I look forward to your comments.

Posted by TSchilling at April 9, 2007 11:16 AM


Comments
Tim, Congrats on reaching your milestone! This blog is a valuable contribution to the field of economic education and we are grateful for all the great work you do on the blog, in Chicago, and in the Federal Reserve System.

Posted by: Andrew H. at April 9, 2007 2:57 PM

No comments: