Monday, August 27, 2007

Welcome to My New Home

It's been a busy couple of weeks since I last posted on my old blog. I'm now in my new office at the Powell Center for Economic Literacy and ready to renew blogging. If you're wondering about the blog's title MV=PQ, it is so named because Irving Fisher's equation of exchange That equation provided a valuable framework for understanding much of economic history in my early years. And it's still something I frequently go back to when explaining business cycles and other macroeconomic phenomena. It speaks to the relationship between money, the real economy and prices. And it is particularly helpful when one works for the Federal Reserve, as I did.

As in my previous blog, I will try to post on issues related to economics and the classroom, but won't be restricted to that. I believe economic literacy and financial literacy must be firmly linked, and I still read a lot - finding economic ideas in a variety of unlikely places. I hope you will leave comments. If nothing else, this blog aims to promote discussion of topics, problems, and concepts relevent to the classroom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I look forward to your comments...